In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of installing XAPKs (Extended Android Package) using the reliable Split APKs Installer (SAI) tool. SAI allows you to install apps with split APKs, which are commonly used for larger apps or games that are outside the Google Play Store’s install limit. Let’s get started! Before we begin the tutorial Lets understand What are Split APKs And XAPKs And Difference Between Them.
Table of Contents
In recent years, advancements in technology have led to the development of more complex and feature-rich applications. These applications often require larger file sizes to accommodate the necessary files, resources, and libraries. To address this issue, developers have come up with two innovative solutions: Split APKs and XAPKs.
Split APKs, also known as App Bundles, and XAPKs are file formats that allow developers to reduce app file sizes without compromising on functionality. Both formats have their own unique characteristics, and understanding the differences between them is crucial for app developers and users alike.
What Are Split APKs?
Split APKs are a file format introduced by Google Play to optimize app installations and updates. Unlike traditional APKs (Android Application Packages), which contain all the necessary files and resources, Split APKs divide an application into various modules or splits. These modules, known as splits, contain specific sets of resources, configurations, or other files required by the application.
The creation of Split APKs relies on the Android App Bundle, a publishing format introduced by Google Play in 2018. With App Bundles, developers can upload a single, unified app package that includes all the necessary modules and optimized resources. Google Play then generates and delivers tailored APKs to individual devices, ensuring users receive the appropriate modules for their specific hardware and software configurations. This eliminates the need to download unnecessary files, resulting in smaller app sizes and reduced installation times.
What Are XAPKs?
XAPKs, on the other hand, are an alternative file format primarily used on third-party app stores or game platforms. An XAPK is essentially a ZIP archive that combines the APK file with additional OBB (Opaque Binary Blob) files. The APK file contains the core application files, while the OBB files house additional assets, such as graphics, videos, or large data sets. The advantage of the XAPK format is that it allows developers to package all the required files and resources into a single archive, simplifying app installation for users.
Difference between Split APKs and XAPKs:
While both Split APKs and XAPKs serve the purpose of reducing app sizes and optimizing installations, there are some key differences between them:
- Compatibility: Split APKs are primarily designed for distribution through the Google Play Store and are fully supported by the Android app ecosystem. XAPKs, on the other hand, are generally used in third-party app stores or platforms, and support may vary depending on the app store or platform.
- Creation Process: Split APKs are generated using the Android App Bundle format and require specific tooling. XAPKs, however, can be created manually or with the help of third-party tools. This distinction gives developers more flexibility when choosing their preferred distribution method.
In summary, split APKs and XAPKs provide developers with a more efficient way to distribute large Android apps. By dividing the app into smaller modules or combining them with OBB files, these formats optimize download times, installation space, and offer improved maintenance capabilities. Ultimately, split APKs and XAPKs improve the app experience for both developers and users.
Guide To Install XAPKs & Split APKs
- Android device running Android 5.0 or higher.
- Split APKs Installer (SAI) app
Note: Before proceeding with any installation, make sure you have enabled the installation of apps from unknown sources in your device settings.
Before beginning the installation process, it is important to acquire the XAPK file specifically designed for the application or game that you desire to install onto your device.
Step 2: Install Split APKs Installer (SAI)
- Open ModzMania.com On Any Browser
- Search for “Split APKs Installer”
- Once installed, open the app to begin the installation process.
Step 3: Install the XAPK/Split APKS using SAI
- Launch the Split APKs Installer (SAI) app.
- Grant the necessary permissions if prompted.
Step 4: Choose Installation Method
- In the Split APKs Installer (SAI) app, tap on the “Install APKs” button.
- Choose the “Select APK” option if your XAPK/Split APKs file is saved on your device, or choose the “Select File” option if the XAPK/Split APKs file is stored on external storage or cloud storage.
- Browse and select the desired XAPK/Split APKS file from the appropriate location.
Step 6: Tap Install
tap on the “Install” button to initiate the installation process.
Step 7: Wait for the Installation to Complete
SAI will now start installing the XAPK/Split APKs file. The installation progress will be displayed on the screen. Wait patiently until the installation is complete.
Step 8: App Installed Successfully
Once the installation process finishes, you will receive a “Successfully installed” message. Tap on the “Done” button to exit the installer.
Step 9: Launch the App
You can now find and launch the newly installed app from your device’s app drawer or home screen.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed an XAPK/Split APKs file using Split APKs Installer (SAI). With this tool, you can easily install larger Android apps or games that exceed the Google Play Store’s install size limits. Enjoy using your newly installed app or game!